Monday, April 27, 2009

Camping

We're back from camping. I didn't get to head out to the campground until about 7:30. It was a little over an hour away. I got lost a couple of times. It was dark (I hate driving outside of our town in the dark). Needless to say, I was not in the best of moods when I finally got to the campground. So, I just loaded up on Benadryl and fell asleep in the hammock.

We were at the same campground where I had a "too close" encounter with a snake a few years ago. I'm sure I've reenacted the story for most people that would read this. We only saw one snake this time. Christopher saw it first. We were going up some stairs on the side of a mountain. Christopher was the most energetic, so he was quite a ways ahead of the rest of us. The snake was right next to the stairs. I guess Christopher scared it because it slithered off under the stairs. I don't know how I found the composure to make it up the rest of the staircase, but I did.

That was it. The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Wish I could say the same thing for the next day at work. No such luck, it was VERY eventful.

No comments: