Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain

So, last week sucked. It started bad on Monday and steadily got worse. I do have to admit, it got worse because I couldn't let something go. I had to grumble, complain, stress, and overthink things. I couldn't focus on anything except the few things that I can do nothing about. (and I also think it was a full moon - crazy things really do happen in the medical field around a full moon). Because I couldn't focus, it took me 10 times longer to do something. So, of course, I was behind all week.

But God is good. It rained all week. Most of the people I have talked to are sick of the rain. But I love it. I love to listen to the rain, sleep in the rain (well, not IN it, just while it's raining), read a book during the rain. When it rains like it has been lately, I stay home more. John and the kids have cabin fever, but home is what I crave. I long to be home to take care of my family, to relax with my family, to just BE.

There are so many things in our lives that we choose to complain about. Some of those things may be somewhat in our control, and some aren't. I don't like the person I am when I am complaining, but unfortunately, I become that person easily. I want to see the moments of my life, good or bad, through God's eyes. I know that, even in the middle of yuck, God's plan is in progress. And His plan is good. Of course, it is a lot easier to remember when things are going well.

No comments: