Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Have you ever been so frustrated with your kids you didn't know what to do? And then they do something that just warms your heart? Well, that happened with Katie today. It was little, but it made me so happy.

It's Cinco de Mayo! What a great excuse to go out and eat mexican, right! Well, that was our plan for the evening. We would pick up the kids, eat mexican and then John and I had to go to home group. I called the kids to let them know to be ready. They were excited. You'd think we never eat out. A few minutes later, Katie called me to ask which restaurant we were going to (we only have 2 to choose from down here). When I told her, she said "That's what I figured. You usually get cold when we go there, do you need me to bring you a jacket?"

That's it. So small, but it made my heart just swell. It was huge for me.

No comments: