Friday, April 17, 2009

Teenagers

I have has a house full of teenage girls right now. Sounds scary, right?? Well, it's not so much scary as deafening. I hear ear piercing shrills and giggles, "Like" and "Ohmygoshguesswhat" (yes, that is one word) are used every few seconds. They are having a water gun fight right now - in the house! - and I am ignoring it to the best of my ability. A few more of these creatures are going to be arriving soon. I can't even imagine what will transpire once they all get here.

I love all these girls. I am so thankful God has put them in my daughter's life. I know these girls' parents. They are all Christians. They have very similar values to John and I. I feel very sure that they will assist in guiding my child to make the right decisions when she is around them. I know that if my child does something and they know about it, they will address it with her and/or call me about it.

Fortunately, none of them are boy crazy yet. They have minor crushes, but for the most part they all still think boys are gross. (And they are!) The girls are all active in church and youth groups. They go to SWAT (Students with a Testimony) and FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) together. They visit each other's churches when they spend the night with one another. Sometimes, when they are hanging out talking, I will listen in on them (of course they don't know this) just to hear how sweet their conversations are. They will talk about normal girl stuff, but sometimes they are having real conversations about Jesus. It is such a blessing to hear! They aren't ashamed to talk about Him or ask questions if they don't understand. They are excited to invite people to go to FCA and SWAT with them. I hope they continue to be this excited and keep their boldness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really like this one!